feeling frustrated wondering why they had spent all that time for nothing!
If only he and his colleagues had known our NLP Steps for Making Meetings Work!
I would like to share with you some very simple steps than can make your business time work harder for you,
even eliminate the need for some meetings and making those you do need to hold much more effective and results generating.
In this NLP Bite we will cover The Meeting Format – Before the Meeting.
These steps will ensure that any meeting you hold is off to the best start, outcome driven and set for success.
- Have as few regularly scheduled meetings as possible.
- Ask: Could I handle this by memo or phone? Is there a need for interaction face to face?
- Determine the outcome for the meeting: What do you want as a result? Be aware that many meetings don’t have an outcome or don’t stick to it and that is why they don’t produce results. Make sure that your outcome is positive.
- Develop the evidence procedure for your meeting outcome: How will you know you have it?What will you accept as evidence?
- Develop options for your meeting and it's progress: Use: What will happen if...? Just suppose this happened what would we do? (This is called the 'As if' frame)
- 6. Establish membership and agenda.
a. Each person invited to the meeting must have information needed for a decision on two out of three agenda items. If people don’t have information needed for a decision they may get bored or not be able to produce results as desired.
b. The two-thirds rule: If 2/3 of relevant people are not there, do not hold the meeting.
- Meeting place. Choose a meeting place where only business takes place and not, for example, a restaurant or a bar.
- Sensory check.
a. As people come in check their physiology.
b. Do I have responsive, alert people here?
more effectively in the work place.
If you have any questions about these steps or would like to know more about other tools and techniques that can assist you to achieve
results in business please contact us.