Training & Certification Standards
Be the finest NLP Practitioner you can be
HOW DO I KNOW I AM TRAINING TO THE RIGHT STANDARDS FOR WHAT I WANT TO DO?
NLP is currently unregulated but there are a number of organisations that are promoting practicing to high standards and ethics within the industry and as such have set their own standards by which trainings and students can be assessed.
They also provide recommended course contents for specific certification levels.
Below is an overview of a number of key organisations recognised in the UK and abroad. Please see the individual website for more details.
IE certifies through the ABNLP and is a member of the ANLP
AMERICAN BOARD OF NLP
NLP Associate Level
- The Associate Level is offered to those who do not yet have a Certification from a recognized NLP institute but would like to keep abreast of the latest information and training.
NLP Associate Practitioner Level
- Minimum of 120 hours of training in the basics of NLP patterns taught by a Certified Trainer, or a certified Master Practitioner under the supervision of a trainer. There is no requirement at this level for in-person attendance at a training.
NLP Practitioner Level:
- Minimum of 120 hours of training in the basics of NLP patterns taught by a Certified Trainer, or a certified Master Practitioner under the supervision of a trainer.
NLP Master Practitioner Level:
- Minimum of 120 hours of advanced training taught by a certified trainer. A minimum of 15 hours of direct trainer supervision.
NLP Trainers Training Level:
- Minimum of 120 hours of advanced training taught by a certified Master Trainer. A minimum of 15 hours of direct trainer supervision.
NLP Master Trainer Level:
- A Minimum of 3 years as lead trainer in Practitioner and Master Practitioner Trainings taught by certified Trainer. A minimum of 60 hours of direct trainer supervision by a Master Trainer.
- Must be signed by an ABNLP Trainer.
- Practitioner and Master practitioner membership: $105.
Trainers membership $325. Plus $20 overseas admin fee.
- Regular convention
- Regular newsletters
- Referral service
ASSOCIATION FOR NLP
- Associate Members use their NLP for self development but do not practice professionally
- Hold a NLP certificate and would like to be kept informed of developments in NLP and stay in touch with like minded individuals
- Have completed at least 50 hours face to face training
- Hold a NLP Practitioner certificate or above, who formally practice and actively seek to promote their services as an NLP Professional
- 3 Client Testimonials or a Supervisors Reference
- Sign and adhere to the ANLP Code of Ethics
- Ensure adequate insurance cover is in place if relevant to the country in which you practice
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of Membership
- Hold a NLP Trainers Certificate
- 6 Student Feedback Forms or 6 Client Testimonials
- Sign and adhere to the ANLP Code of Ethics and Trainers Code of Ethics
- Ensure adequate insurance cover is in place if applicable to the country in which you practice
- Agree to the Membership Terms and Conditions
ANLP Accredited Trainer
- Achieved after applying for and obtaining ANLP Accreditation
- Associate £60, Professional £126, Trainer £174, Accredited Trainer £480
Above due annually. Also available monthly.
Membership Benefits (subject to membership type):
- Members Online Profile
- Online Promotion
- Rapport Magazine
- PDF copies of Acuity and the NLP Research Journal
- Advertising Opportunities
INTERNATIONAL NLP TRAINING ASSOCIATION (INLPTA)
- 30 hours tuition over a minimum of 4 days under the leadership of an INLPTA Registered NLP Trainer
- Diploma counts towards study hours for NLP Practitioner
- 130 hours tuition over a period of a minimum 15 days (recommend 18) formal classroom training.
NLP Master Practitioner:
- 130 hours tuition over a minimum period of 15 days formal Classroom training.
NLP Trainer Training:
- Minimum of 150 hours tuition over a period of a minimum of 19 days.
NLP Master Trainer:
- The candidate has attended and successfully completed an INLPTA Master Trainer's Training as authorised by the INLPTA Board of Directors. The candidate has successfully met the INLPTA competency requirements for an NLP Master Trainer, as assessed by the INLPTA Board of Directors.
- Must be signed by an INLPTA Registered Trainer and carry the INLPTA seal for pre Trainer levels.
- Per training course.
- For those certified on an INLPTA-recognised NLP training course at Practitioner or Master Practitioner level, £40.00
- For NLP trainer or business consultant who has attended an INLPTA Trainer Training and not completed the Evaluation and Certification or
- For a Certified NLP Trainer or Master Trainer who has not attended an INLPTA Training, but wishes to subscribe to the ethics, quality standards and curriculum of INLPTA, £75.00.
- For Certified NLP Trainer or Master Trainer who has attended an INLPTA Trainer or Master Trainer Training, and successfully passed the Evaluation and Certification, £130.00.
- News Magazine
- Website listing
If you would like to find out how we can help You please call us on 0800 0433 657, contact us below or send us an email here and we'll get back to you.